Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hitched!

After five years, we finally got married!

My dear Fransly and I tied the knot on February 28, 2009 at the Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish Church, at West Triangle subdivision in Quezon City.

My father decided to come late to the church, but I didn't let that ruin the day for me. The road leading to the front of the church was torn up for repairs/renewal, but I didn't let that ruin the day for me.

The cloudless day brought a heat wave but also gave perfect lighting for picture-taking. Hats off to the Ariel Javelosa team for grabbing such lovely pictures. Thank you Max!

Reception was held at the Gazebo Royale's Champagne hall, where we surprised everyone (photographers especially) by running down the red carpet to the front of the pavillion where we had our first dance that rocked the crowd and really set the mood. I have Donna to thank for coreographing, and Tina and Onchit for joining us in the dance.

Dinner was quickly served. We didn't get to eat much with all the photos being taken, but everyone seemed to enjoy the food served by Eloquente, while Seren8 played our choice of music.

After the AVPs, the games, and everything to everyone's surprise I sang "Beautiful in My Eyes" and though I botched it a bit at the second stanza, nobody seemed to notice.

The deal was, Fransly wanted me to sing either that or "Danny's Song" (I really didn't want to sing the part "I think I'm gonna have a son" because then people might interpret it literally), but wanted it to be a "surprise", so she didn't know when I was going to sing.

I would have wanted to sing "The Way You Look Tonight" using Steve Tyrell's version, which IMO is more jaunty than the original or Buble's, since I know the lyrics better, I might not have botched it. Oh well.

Hitched! provided us with on-the-day wedding coordination and lots of help hooking us up with the wedding band and other details we missed. We couldn't have done it without you.

Partypics provided the photobooth which doubled as our souvenirs.

Overall, it was the best wedding I could have wished for.

To cap it off, we spent another day at the Linden suites, which I didn't really get to enjoy all that much as I had a really bad cough.

Finally, I must thank my dear wifey for rubbing her nose against mine and stealing that kiss (I know it was you!) If not for that fateful day, none of this would have happened, and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now.

No comments: