Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Plugins for the PSP - 2

My efforts to ask for any help of the QJ.Net forums on hacking the PSP to add something similar to folders in the GAME menu created a rather lengthy thread that was filled with a lot of critiscm.

Eventually I posted some information that more or less showed that I knew what I was doing, and then the tides turned. Those who were telling me that what I was doing (disassembling the game_plugin module) was next to impossible, was silly, and was clearly the wrong approach, now nodded and said that what I had found was correct, and that they knew that information all along, and even offered me to join a group they were building devoted to hacking the VSH modules.

I don't really see why they are so uptight about sharing that information, when all the stuff they can actually do to hack the PSP was made possible by the sharing of information.

Anyway, I'm once again on my own. I've been a bit busy and I haven't had time to work on this. I shouldn't be spending so much time working on this project, as I'm about to get married in 2 months and there's a still lot of things that need planning and preparation.

With the slightest bit of help I have found the code that executes when the user selects a game, so I'm that much closer to realizing my goal. All I need to find know is how the code passes around the information containing the selected game, but finding this is a bit harder than I expected.