Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last farewell

A faint sensation, not altogether unpleasant, a feeling of coldness deep inside, while bathed in the warmth of a setting sun, while looking out upon a tower white cliff to a golden orange horizon, with feathery clouds lost in the distance.

A sadness that resembled a deep yearning for something that would, now, be forever out of reach, threatening to drown me in a torrent of tears. I was borne aloft only by the unending beauty of all that I had seen and experienced in just my two visits to this world, and yes, this beauty also brought tears to my eyes.

I felt Aslan's hot breath upon my back as I gazed for one last time upon my beloved Narnia.

It was bittersweet... yet somehow... perfect.

The last sentence was paraphrased from an interview with Anna Popplewell, regarding the film Prince Caspian being her last for The Chronicles of Narnia, and was the inspiration for this entry.

No comments: