Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Woe is me - part deux

It's official - my PSP is really bricked.

I tried reviving it with Despertar del Cementerio, and initially it looked fine - the DC7 menu booted up, I selected the option to install firmware 4.01 M33, it went through the motions of formatting flash rom and installing the firmware.

But when it was all done I rebooted with a normal battery and it was still dead. Even trying to boot into the firmware off the memory stick (Test M33 option) produced the same results.

I have repartitioned, regen'ed the IDStorage, restored the NAND from corly's "clean" flashdump, all to no avail.

I have a brain-dead PSP. The heart works, but the head is empty. I'm still thinking of an explanation why it quit on me like that, all of a sudden.

I guess now I have to decide to give it a new lease on life, or let it go.

There is the third option to gut it and make a crude display adapter for it, or turn it into a digital frame. Good luck with that