Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Reason To Own A DS

If I was looking for a few reasons to buy a DS, this would be one.





Front Mission is an armored mecha turn-based strategy RPG that first came out on the SNES in 1995. It captured my eye with its unique graphical look and catchy music.

It was only released in Japanese but with the advent of emulation it was translated to English by several fans.

I admit I never finished the game, even with the translation. I didn't finish Front Mission 3 either (I have an excuse, the emulator crashed at a certain point into the game making it difficult to progress). I am a casual fan of mecha, having written a short-lived story regarding a young mecha pilot who was discovered and recruited by a sexy, slightly older female mecha pilot who is part of some covert ops (or is that another story I was working on... but I digress...).

Front Mission for the DS doesn't add anything new to the game itself, aside from updated graphics and touch screen functionality, which should make playing the game much more intuitive.

Along with Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time FM(DS) makes it to my Top 10 Reasons To Own A DS. Actually, I still have to fill up the other eight.

With all these remakes coming to the DS, you'd think Square would finally do a fanservice and port great classics such as Seiken Densetsu III, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

I can't justify buying a Nintendo DS just now because I haven't even played all the games on my PSP yet, but if I were filthy rich, I'd go and buy a DS right now.

No comments: